ELECTROCHEMISTRY DICTIONARY YCES HOME PAGE
Electrochemical Science and Technology
Information Resource (ESTIR)
This site contains thousands of general and varied information items about electrochemistry, electrochemical engineering, and electrochemical technology in fourteen sections. (http://electrochem.cwru.edu/estir/)
ESTIR is hosted by the
Ernest B. Yeager Center for Electrochemical Sciences (YCES)
Chemical Engineering Department,
Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio.
Zoltan Nagy (
Department of Chemistry,
The University of North Carolina at Chapel
Visit also the sister sites of ESTIR:
ELECTROCHEMISTRY ENCYCLOPEDIA >40 articles written in popular science style.
ELECTROCHEMISTRY DICTIONARY >1,000 definitions presented in simple terms.
You can search the whole site, or you can choose from the INDEX below.
Some of the larger files can be accessed in three ways:
The smaller files can be "browsed", and you can search them with the EDIT/FIND feature of your web browser.
- You can "browse" through the file.
- You can "search" the file.
- You can get a plain ascii version of the file through anonymous "ftp".
- Electrochemistry and related subjects on the Internet (>1,000 listings)
- WWW Sites
- Mailing lists
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) files
- Electrochemical public domain
information on the Internet (>20 listings)
- Software ("freeware" only)
- Physical/chemical data
- Popular science
information about electrochemistry (>200 listings)
- Worldwide Directory of Graduate Schools for Electrochemical Science and Engineering (>700 listings from >60 countries)
- Review chapters relating to electrochemistry (>7,000 listings)
- Proceedings of electrochemical meetings (>1,000 listings)
- Electrochemistry books (>1,500 listings)
- Electrochemistry books published before 1950 (>500 listings)
Many of them are now available on the Internet. Links provided.
- Historic publications in electrochemistry available on the Internet (>100 listings) NEW and GROWING SECTION
societies with primary interest in electrochemistry (>20 listings)
journals and book series about electrochemistry (>60 listings)
bibliographies on electrochemical topics (>50 listings)
nomenclature, standards, etc. (>60 listings)
- Meetings and
short courses on electrochemistry and related topics (in " 1. .....Internet" file)
Supply a search term. This can be a single word or a string (maximum four) of words. The search is case insensitive. Leading and trailing characters of the search term can be omitted. For example: you can search for "battery" or "batteries". To find both, you can search for "batter" (or even "atter"). You can search for "fuel cells" or "fuel cell", the latter will find both.
This type of search may give many unwanted results. For example, if you are looking for the metal "iron," you will also find "environment." You can carry out an "exact" search to avoid this.
All files of ESTIR and the “Electrochemistry Dictionary” will be searched, but not the “Electrochemistry Encyclopedia”.
You can search the Encyclopedia separately.
Suggestions for further material to be included and any correction of erroneous
information are welcome. Please send them to
Most of the material of the smaller files of ESTIR is also
available in the Electrochemistry Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) file, in
plain ascii version, through anonymous ftp. The latest version of this file is
available in three parts at:
Editor Kudos Usage statistics
Go to: Top Index
YCES Home Page